Thursday, October 8, 2009

Journal Entry

Stan 11



My tea's gone cold! I wonder why I even bothered to get out of bed at all. It's the worst kind of day; it's cold outside but not cold enough to snow so it rains. The kids have already left for school and I don't want to clean this old house. Though I still have to...



I dump my tea an put some coffee in, then trudge over to the couch and pick up the book I was reading the other night. Opening it up and starting to read when a knock on the door gets my attention. "Ugh!" I groaned standing up. "Who in the world could this be," Just thinking to myself.



Opening the door I found a tall man with a black trench coat, and wet from the rain, he looked at me. It wasn't until I looked at his scruffy face that I realized who it was. Without any control of my mouth "Kurt!" escaped.



Forgetting about the cold, rain, and everything that was on my mind, I jumped into his strong arms. "Kurt, my love, your home," I whispered into his ear. "Yes baby, and here to stay," he whispered back.



For an instance time stood still as we held each other as tight as our strength could muster, without pain. Nothing mattered at this point my love was home from the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment