Thursday, November 5, 2009

A gift I'd like to give(practice)

Confusion is the main emotion that stops people in their tracks; makes them take a gander. A moment of frustration leading to anger and once they have pulled all their hair out, about that one thing you just can't seem to remember, get it, understand, bring together or solve. That is when we give in and ask what, who, why or anything else we want to know. "Help!" then it becomes Cristal clear.

In this world today lives are ending drastically, hearts are broken, promises torn from the very souls of its own purpose, and countries burned. Understanding is the only gift that has a chance to make that heart pumping, promises held strong and dept, and countries thriving.

The understanding gift is powerful enough to cover all that. Help and redeem moments as small as helping a stranger, to saving a country from war. If only everyone had the gift to understand; understand each other as well as your own spirit. Understand that one concept to succeed, understand why you should or should not do something.

The frustration of not being able to grasp a concept is one of my most hair ripping moments, as well as not knowing how to move my body a specific way in order to do a difficult or close to impossible action. I have found nothing is impossible, everyone can understand. If you were to just understand how to do that math problem. To understand that drugs do more than just give you that buzz to bear the pain. We can do so much more if we had that special gift to understand. I want to give it to all I know and more. May we all understand.

5 comments:

  1. I liked what I read and it made alot of sense. I mean personally I would not rip out my hair but I know what you mean. I CANNOT for the life of me grasp the whole stock market concept.

    I understand what you were getting at, if everyone understood eachother and everyone else things would be so much easier.

    Maybe you could use a real event in history when there wasn't understanding and bad things happened. Like a war or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your essay here. I like the point that your trying to express. It's a good concept: everyone understanding. The world would be so much different. I know that you want everyone to understand each other. That's kind of a broad subject, so maybe you could give an example of an event or some specific time where understanding didn't take place. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I read: You're speaking, in the first person, about how confusion can ruin our understanding (wow...that sounded really stupid). You then state that understanding can help us move on in life.

    What I think you're doing: Again, you're trying to show how much easier things can be if we take the time to understand them.

    Suggestions: I think the writing's good overall. Maybe you could just make a little longer and add details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gift of understanding. and the way that you gave some examples of how it could be used.

    I think that the way it is written is really good. I loved it. Making it longer and adding details would be really good and make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. Very professional and well put together. Intersting idea. For me it was clear and easy to get what your gift was. But it wasn't so easy to understand it's meaning. Since your gift is such a complex idea with a huge range of meaning it may be hard to write and or read about. Try to focus on a few points and make them extremly clear. Make sure you explain how you will carry out the plan of giving your gift. There are more creative ways of adapting your idea into writing.

    Adding in a simple life story or lesson always make things interesting. This is your writing so put yourself, your mind, and your emotion into it. Use specific examples. If you want to relate to the reader show yourself and who you are. Understanding everyone aroud isn't easy, so show the reader how it's done.

    I can tell you really believe in your gift, and that's perfect. Believing "what the writer has to say is true" is a huge selling point. I think people should be able to relate to your idea. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete